About Me

My photo
Hey guys - I'm a med student in Sydney and loving studying medicine. But in the meantime I'm certainly head over heels into climbing, so check out our blog here and also our training site (links on the right!). Enjoy! Support us and comment if you like what we're doing - and if you want things to be mixed up, then let us know too!

Friday 11 May 2012

LAL-DEN Game 6

LAL-DEN (DEN, 113-96)

Look. Let's just say that I'm incredibly disappointed with how this series has turned out. I predicted that the lakers would win 4-2, and many of my friends thought that they'd finish with a sweep. But, like the lakers always tend to do, they just let Denver hang around and now they find themselves in a Game 7 situation which anyone could take.

Having watched only glimpses of this game, I probably can't tell you anything about how the game plan played out, etc. But, I did see this - Nuggets started the game 11-0, and when I was watching the 3Q, there was absolutely no hustle at all in the lakers. All the 50% balls were going the nuggets way - you ask me how the lakers would even attempt to put together a championship run if they got stomped so badly; the general lack of effort was disheartening to watch. In fact, even though I've been a laker fan my whole life, I am not sorry to say that today, I really felt like the lakers didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. The cocky mannerisms that Bynum has displayed all season, as well as his ill-timed, and poorly chosen words to provide motivation for the nuggets displayed how little he has progressed throughout this season. And plus, do I have to say anything at all when your top player has gastro and you have to try to ride him to win the game?!

But - I'll admit now that I've been a laker fan for life, and so I still hope that they use their one last shot to see if they can propel themselves into the second round; but if they show this complete lackadasical effort in the second round, they can except just to get swept by OKC.

No comments:

Post a Comment