About Me

My photo
Hey guys - I'm a med student in Sydney and loving studying medicine. But in the meantime I'm certainly head over heels into climbing, so check out our blog here and also our training site (links on the right!). Enjoy! Support us and comment if you like what we're doing - and if you want things to be mixed up, then let us know too!

Friday 22 July 2011

Things on my mind

Haven't gotten all the info together to do that post on my health-related thing yet... mm.... Sensing procrastination... So it'll still be a bit of work in the making. But here are just a couple of things on my mind.


  • It's raining. Hard. Rain seems to make everything go slower. I still find it impossible that it transformed a normally-twenty-minute journey-by-car into a two-hour-sit-and-wait-for-traffic-to-move-but-it-never-do... you get the point... 
  • There are some really clever learning systems out there. Just had a look at a fellow from the US's blog who is studying medicine and was asking about different ways of learning. One of the guys that commented suggested something called the Leitner System. Check it out if you want a really interesting way to learn stuff (good for science students, not sure about the rest :3 )
  • It really ticks me off when other people are just too lazy to care about things that are really dear to them, or if they can't be bothered to expend energy and effort to be considerate. Guys just keep it in mind that you gotta be considerate to everyone else; it reflects badly on you if you're a bit of a slob :P
  • Appreciate what you have, whilst you have it. Yesterday, when I went to feed my dog for dinner (it's been pouring where I live), he was nowhere to be seen (shocking, because he always goes spastic when he sees us walk downstairs, let alone feed him). Started getting worried, looked around the house and then ran out in the rain for about 40 minutes looking for him. Needless to say, due to the crazy rain I expected the worst, and it was definitely the longest 40 minutes of my life (running around in the rain too didn't help) but it turns out that he was hiding underneath my brothers desk the whole time, and he was now whimpering and scratching at the door because (we think) he needed to pee. Chances are he just wanted to eat dinner; but the whole emotion of worrying cracked and I just cried uncontrollably. :( So those people who probably know me a little better think I treat my dog badly, but I love him very much nonetheless. 
  • And finally, but very very importantly, the iTunes festival is running at the moment! Tomorrow morning at 6.15am (Sydney time), COLDPLAY will kick off their live section of the iTunes festival which should be really exciting :D I am totally waking up to watch this, check out the details here, and then watch it! It should be excellent (Really hoping to hear every teardrop is a waterfall LIVE). AMAZING-UUUUUuu.....
That's it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment