About Me

My photo
Hey guys - I'm a med student in Sydney and loving studying medicine. But in the meantime I'm certainly head over heels into climbing, so check out our blog here and also our training site (links on the right!). Enjoy! Support us and comment if you like what we're doing - and if you want things to be mixed up, then let us know too!

Monday 11 July 2011

Welcome to the world!

Hey world!


This is new business to me, blogging, and so I feel that I am obliged to explain the nature of this blog, and why I want to write it! :)


Familiarization
A lot of us live every day in fairly routine fashion, going through the motions, without giving a moment to think about many issues that are affecting the world around us. For some, this ignorance is bliss; for most, we are unaware of the issues and remain oblivious our entire lifetime, until we intersect in the path of another that helps us to raise our awareness about certain issues. To become familiar with issues allows us to be a little more understanding in the way we approach others, and makes us better people.


Challenge
To me, the time that we have here on the earth is pretty short, but that doesn't stop me from being after the pursuit of knowledge. It sounds lame and corny, I know, we are obliged to learn as much as we can about everything on the earth before our time is up. So, one of the first reasons that this has been created is to inform you of things that I feel are of genuine interest to me, and which I wish to share with you. I hope it motivates you to challenge yourself and apply yourself more thoroughly in every aspect of life. 


Enlighten
Whilst you may be completely unaware of it, in your day-to-day life, you are able to perform incredible movements with the simple intention of movement. Some of these movements are so well embedded into your brain that they are performed subconsciously; such as driving a car, or walking. This is all possible because of the complex network of nerves in your body - the central nervous system. Now, imagine that you have 11 billion nerve cells in your body, and each one of those nerve cells makes seven thousand connections. (It's a ludicrous number :D!) BUT - take this away, with the information that you are armed with, use it to enlighten others and continue the chain of familiarising, challenging and then enlightening. Hence the name!


Anyway I know it sounds so far that I'm a pretty serious guy, but in this blog I want to talk about some serious stuff; and some other stuff that's not so serious. Throughout the lifetime of this blog (however long it lasts), you'll eventually learn about some of the issues I think are affecting society, you'll see something amusing here and there, and you'll come to learn that I am a big NBA fan and a tennis follower. 


But finally, I hope you take some things away with you and share them. 


And one last thing! Comment as much as you want, about anything that you find interesting. It can be as mundane as homework or as complex as the motion of celestial bodies around the sun, and how this varies with time (okay maybe not THAT complex). The more people that know about this the better, it gives me more to talk about, and more feedback from you readers means posts on things you want to hear about. Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. first follower!;) and can't wait for more posts:)

    ReplyDelete