About Me

My photo
Hey guys - I'm a med student in Sydney and loving studying medicine. But in the meantime I'm certainly head over heels into climbing, so check out our blog here and also our training site (links on the right!). Enjoy! Support us and comment if you like what we're doing - and if you want things to be mixed up, then let us know too!

Thursday 1 September 2011

Fortunate

Given the fact that I've finished my only mid-semester exam (YES!), I figure there's no reason for me to continue putting blog entries off. Recently I received an offer for an interview at UoMelb, which is interesting for a number of reasons. For the people that know me, we have a particular friend who went to study undergrad down there who I always made fun of going to melbourne, so the fact that I may potentially end up there too (after letting her never hear the end of it) is pretty ironic. But UoMelb also vaulted to our top university in Australia (60th in the world), and the city of melbourne also got rated as the worlds most "live-able" city (over Vancouver in Canada)

Having said that, I don't want to take it for granted that I'll get in. I'm trying to keep an open mind about things, but I really don't want to be doing an honors year next year... (maybe I'll change my mind later if I don't get in :( ). I guess I feel a couple of things, as I trawl through forums trying to find out what the interview will be like, how people manage stress, how to take not getting in (if I don't get in), how to take getting in (and go to different cities).......

What I meant to say was that, of course I'm grateful for the opportunity that has presented itself - many people who have worked much harder and have impressive CVs weren't fortunate enough to get interviews, and this upsets me that people who work so hard get looked over :( I guess med is just that kind of field with endless competition; even once you get in, there's more, to always be the best that you can be.

Grateful for the opportunity, kind of overwhelmed, not quite yet overworked. That's how I feel. :) Should I get into the course, you'll hear a howler about how I'll feel then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment